GET BACK ON YOUR HEALTHY FEET AND ANKLES
with Minimally Invasive Foot & Ankle Specialists
Enter your text here...
ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM....
Welcome to United Foot & Ankle Surgeons, your minimally invasive foot & ankle specialists in Chicagoland. We’re confident you’ll find an unmatched quality of care at United Foot & Ankle Surgeons, PC.
Foot pain is never normal. Bearing the brunt of your entire body’s weight, when your feet ache, your entire body aches. With proper diagnosis and treatment, most foot and ankle problems can be treated successfully. We will listen to your symptoms and provide you with an individualized treatment plan to return you to those activities you enjoy the most!
Dr. TJ Ahn is certified by Atlas Foot Alignment Institute(FAI). Atlas FAI doctors focus exclusively on feet, and offer patients a world class level of expertise and care. The Atlas FAI treatment model revolves around the patient. With a highly trained team, precise imaging equipment, office-based surgical suite and helpful Treatment
Coordinator—all together in the same center—we’re uniquely equipped to make treating foot concerns the best possible experience it can be for our patients.
MEET THE DOCTOR
DR. T.J. AHN
Hi! My name is Dr. T.J. Ahn, and I am so glad that you found us. I have been practicing in Chicagoland since 2003. I am currently board-certified with ABMSP(American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry) and a fellow of AAFAS (Academy of Ambulatory Foot & Ankle Surgery). I specialize in Minimally Invasive Foot Surgery and Sports Medicine, and my practice philosophy is simple: to treat every patient with my heart and to fix the cause of the foot problems.
I am originally from Seoul, South Korea 27 years ago, and earned my Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree right here in Chicago. I happen to speak fluent English, Spanish, Korean, and Japanese. I truly believe that patients feel more comfortable and relaxed during the visit as I speak in their mother languages.
“Coming across Dr. Ahn was the best thing that could have ever happened for the sake of my feet. I’ve been suffering for years of flat feet but eventually got in the way of my everyday life. It was decided that the best thing for me was hyprocure surgery plus orthotics. The expirience overall couldn’t be any better. The staff is also very friendly and welcoming and couldn’t be in better hands.”
- Review at Yelp.com by Ms. Gricelda R.
“Dr. Ahn is an amazing surgeon. He is adaptable and well informed on minimally invasive surgical procedures. I could not have chosen a better surgeon for my foot surgery. Check him out at the river forest location or his two others.”
- Review at Yelp.com by Ms. Daphne J.
“My feet are perfect....thank you Dr Ahn and staff for making the process and surgery painless and easy.
I’m a fan!!!”
- Review at Yelp.com by Ms. Karen F.
“Real talk - as far as visits to the doctor goes, both trips to Dr. Ahn were far and away the best I’ve ever had. I mean, I’ve had visits where the diagnosis was better or the candy was fancier or better daytime television was on, but as far as the staff actually caring about providing patients with a positive experience, Dr. Ahn and his staff is as good as it gets.”
— Review at Yelp.com by Scott S.
“Dr.Ahn is fantastic!!I had surgery in May/June and im feeling GREAT!!I highly recommend his office for all your foot and ankle concerns!!!The ladies in the office are professional,caring!!I love this place!!!”
— Review at Yelp.com by Ms. Edelma A.
You can read more reviews and patient video testimonials by clicking here!
What Sets Us Apart
- Minimally Invasive Foot Surgery - As a fellow member of The Academy of Ambulatory Foot & Ankle Surgery, we offer excellent surgical options for minimal scarring, minimal discomfort, minimal time off, so you can get back on your healthy feet in no time. Dr. T.J. Ahn performs minimally invasive surgeries whenever possible... <Learn More>
- Bunions - Dr. T.J. Ahn does a minimally invasive ambulatory surgical technique to correct bunions. It involves making a small incision less than 3mm to remove the bony exostosis or bump located along the side of the foot. He then makes another small incision on the top of the big toe to bring it into proper alignment or position. The small surgical incisions enable the surgeon to use fine specially designed instruments to obtain the best cosmetic result.... <Learn More>
- Hammertoes - Hammertoe is a contracture or bending of one or both joints of the second, third, fourth, or fifth toes. The contracture of the toes is a result of a muscle / tendon imbalance between the tendons on the top and the tendons on the bottom of the toe. As a result of the deformities the toe resembles a hammer.... <Learn More>
- Heel Pain (known as plantar fasciitis) - Heel pain is most often caused by plantar fasciitis, a condition that is sometimes also called heel spur syndrome when a spur is present. Plantar fasciitis is an inflammation of the thick band of fibrous connective tissue (fascia) running along the bottom (plantar surface) of the foot, from the heel to the ball of the foot... <Learn More>
- Hyprocure® -This is an evidence-based and minimally invasive procedure, which may help you stop suffering from pain and many side effects of misaligned feet. Dr. TJ Ahn was recognized in 2016 as the first HyProCure® Center of Excellence in Chicago. The group is one of less than 20 nationwide to receive the designation from GraMedica, a global orthopedic medical device company headquartered in Macomb, Michigan. The Center of Excellence designation reflects superior quality of care, education and experience as related to the HyProCure® medical procedure... <Learn More>
- Ingrown Toenail - Ingrown toenails occur when the edge of the nail grows into the skin of the toe. They can be painful with redness and swelling around the nail... <Learn More>
- Amniotic Fluid Injection therapy - You've tried rest, physical therapy and cortisone injections, and still experience chronic pain. When surgery is not an option, you may find relief with PDA Human Amniotic Fluid (PAD-HAF). This safe, drug-free injection contains more than 200 growth factors and other naturally occuring nutrients that encourage cellular and soft tissue regeneration and reconstruction.. <Learn More>
- Laser treatment for toenail fungus - If you’re embarrassed by toenails that are discolored, thick and crusty, then you need a safe toenail fungus treatment that will eliminate your toenail fungus for good. Toenail fungus is actually a common foot problem that you can have for years without it causing any pain. If it’s left untreated however, it can cause serious problems... <Learn More>
- MLS Laser Therapy - It manages pain, reduces inflammation, and promotes speed recovery. It is an excellent non-invasive treatment option for pain and swelling at our clinics... <Learn More>
- Shockwave Therapy - Radial Pulse Shockwave Therapy is an FDA cleared technology proven to increase the rate of healing for soft tissue injuries and for the relief of painful conditions of the foot and ankle. It is the most advanced non-invasive and highly effective treatment method that enhances blood circulation, accelerates the healing process causing damaged tissue to gradually regenerate and heal. <Learn More>
- Swift Plantar Warts Treatment - Swift is a cutting edge, FDA Cleared technology that has proven to be highly effective in the removal of plantar warts. <Learn More>
- Leneva - Nonsurgical treatment for painful calluses and corns due to fat pad loss. <Learn More>
- Office-Based Surgical Suite - to provide professional and sterile environment for minimally invasive foot surgeries, and to lower patient's out-of-pocket cost. It also provides convenience, comfort, everything in one place. Click here to find out more information about the office-based surgery suite.