News of the Novel 2019 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
To our valued patients,
News of the Novel 2019 Coronavirus (COVID-19) has caused great concern to all. At United Foot & Ankle Surgeons we consider your health and safety a top priority. We are fortunate to have a small clinic that limits the number of people you may come in contact with and we will do our best to take precautions for your health and safety. As of now, we will provide our services as normal with the following considerations:
- If you are experiencing (or have experienced within the last two weeks) a cough, runny nose, or difficulty breathing, please call 773-989-2500 to reschedule your appointment.
- If you or anyone in your family has traveled outside of the US, and/or cruised in the last two weeks, and/or been around someone possibly infected with the virus, please reschedule your appointment.
- We are requesting that only the patient and caregivers enter the office. To minimize exposure we ask that when possible the patient come alone or bring only one additional person.
- Our Physician and Medical Assistants will sadly not shake your hand when introducing themselves, but will ALWAYS deliver exceptional care with a smile.
- We will continue sanitizing items and surfaces regularly used throughout the day as is our normal protocol.
- We will be checking the temperature of our patients at the beginning of each appointment. If there is a fever, or if there are other concerning symptoms we will need to reschedule your appointment.
- We will do our best to provide clean pens, but highly recommend bringing/using your own when possible.
- Finally, we kindly ask that patients/visitors to our office not ask to take home gloves, masks, or hand sanitizer as we need to conserve these for our dedicated medical team -especially in light of the recent shortages.
- We will have hand sanitizer available for use upon arrival and departure from your appointment. Should you prefer, we do have a restroom for washing your hands with soap and water.
United Foot & Ankle Surgeons will continue to follow the recommendations from the CDC, state, and local officials regarding COVID-19. We will also continue to follow the recommendations of our affiliated hospitals and surgical centers. We appreciate your understanding and patience at this time. It is our pleasure to serve this great community, and we know we have the strength to carry on in this uncertain and trying time.
Please call us with any concerns.
Dr. TJ Ahn & STAFF AT United Foot & Ankle Surgeons